Santa Barbara Winery Chardonnay 2013


Santa Barbara Winery Chardonnay 2013

“REKOMMENDERAS***” – Allt om Vin nr 10/2015

This is SBW trademark Chardonnay, an award winning wine that has been consistently produced year after year.

The Chardonnay grapes for this wine come from a variety of vineyards that Winemaker Bruce McGuire has selected over the years for their quality and consistency. Many are from the same blocks year after year. This cool climate 100% Chardonnay is balanced with those from warmer vineyards. All the grapes were pressed as whole clusters with 65% of the wine fermented in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 35% was barrel fermented and underwent malolactic fermentation. The barrelled wine was aged ‘sur lie’ and its lees regularly stirred to impart flavour and complexity. The result is a wine that is bright and flavourful with a great deal of fruit intensity.

Winemaker Bruce McGuire comments: “Picked over a 6 week period (Sept.14-Oct.17, 2013) this Chardonnay reflects the diversity of Santa Barbara County. Forward with fresh fruit and enriching texture from the yeast lees and oak from the barrel fermentation which makes it structured and creamy on the pallet. Very nice acidity and length. A wine to enjoy just as it is!”


  • Rekommenderas *** – Allt om Vin nr 10/2015, “Dov, mullig, vaniljtonad, mycket ursprungstypisk doft. Bred, fet och fläskig smak i öppen, omedelbar jänkarstil”. (RECOMMENDED *** by Swedish Wine Magazine Allt om Vin nr 10/2015)
  • Gold Medal 2015 Miami Best in Glass Wine Challenge
  • Gold Medal 2015 Tasters Guild Wine Judging
  • 89 Points -Wine Enthusiast 2015

Santa Barbara Winery, California

The Oldest Winery in Santa Barbara

In Santa Barbara, winemaking has been a part of the story for more than 230 years, dating back to Father Junipero Serra and his need for communion wine. Founded in 1962 by Pierre Lafond, the Santa Barbara Winery is the oldest winery in the county and has influenced the development of the Santa Ynez Valley as a world–class growing region. There are currently five federally-sanctioned American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) within Santa Barbara County: Ballard Canyon, Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara, Santa Maria Valley, Sta. Rita Hills and Santa Ynez Valley, and they are now seen among the top producers in the world.

Santa Barbara Winery’s grapes comes from the owners, Pierre Lafond’s Vineyards in the Sta. Rita Hills and from neighbouring vineyards. The winery produces Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah varieties that have excelled in the micro climate of the western end of the valley which is strongly influenced by the cool breezes from the Pacific, the foggy mornings and the warm days. One of these, Pinot Noir, a cool climate variety, was the principal beneficiary of the movie Sideways (2004), a movie that put Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara on the map. SBW produce many other varieties and besides the award winning Pinot Noir, their trademark Chardonnay is considered by many people to be Santa Barbara’s best.

Santa Barbara Winery was awarded by New York International Wine Competition: ‘Central Coast Winery of the year 2015’ and ‘Chardonnay Central Coast Producer of the Year 2015’.


  • Producer: Santa Barbara Winery
  • Country: united_states
  • Appellation: Santa Barbara County, California
  • Grape varieties: 100% Chardonnay
  • ECO/BIO: No
  • Vintage: 2013
  • Alcohol content: 13,7%
  • Volume: 750 ml
  • Article number: 70253


  • This wine is great with:
    • Cheese
    • Fish
    • Mingle
    • Seafood
  • Winemaker: Bruce McGuire
  • Soil: Limestone with some calcareous top soil
  • Vinification: Whole clusters, 35% barrel fermented aged "sur lie" with battonage and undergone malolactic fermentation, 65% in stainless steel tanks with frequent lees stirring. Fermentation, 6 months in neutral oak.
  • Sugar: 0,9 g/liter
  • Acid: 8,5 g/liter
  • Bottles/case: 12
produced by webbyrån konsulterna


Welcome to Reconnaissance Wine, a Swedish Wine Importer & Distributor.
By clicking below you verify that you are 25 years of age or older.